Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Saturday, October 6, 2012

New to me curtains

This summer we travelled to Edmonton, Alberta , Canada to visit my eldest daughter Diana and her family.  We were so excited to meet our newest granddaughter, Gemma Elizabeth!  While there, I bought Diana some new blackout curtains for her living room as the hot prairie sun blazed in on us all day long and it was so dang hot!  These Ikea curtains below were full-length and hanging up prior to our trip to Walmart.  I asked Diana what she would do with them and she had no plans, I asked her If I could have them and she said yes!  Already, I could see them hanging in my sewing cave.  My alterations were simple, I folded them in half and sewed the bottom to just about the top. I didn't measure or cut - I just sewed them, as Diana's new curtains had grommets I took the curtains rings too.  I stopped at Ross's and picked up a nickle colored rod and after a trip to Lowe's to get proper wall fasteners my new window treatment was complete.
Thanks Didi - these look so much better than the black mini-blinds that used to grace this window.



No comments:

Post a Comment