Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Gemma's Bug Quilt

A few years ago, before my youngest granddaughter
Gemma was born I made quilts for Kaitlyn and McKenna
using a bug jelly roll I had picked up at Tuesday Mornings.
Along came Gemma and I just knew I had to make her a bug quilt too with the same material - hmmm I couldn't find that jelly roll anywhere on the Internet.
So I went to the Quilting Board and asked the members there, if
anyone had this jelly roll in their stash.
Yippee a lady from Virginia answered my plead and we agreed to swap out fabrics
She was working on a charm quilt in green and asked that I send her
2.5 inch WOF green strips in exchange for the bug jelly roll.
It was a perfect answer to my quest for the bug jelly roll, I was surprised
at just how many greens I had in my stash and was able to send her 
44 different green strips and I added some other
unusual greens that were not exactly WOF.
I was so happy to be able to give my name sake - Gemma Elizabeth
a quilt with bugs along the same lines as her sisters.
Gemma's quilt was made from a sale pattern called Square Root 
from Connecting Threads and has applique on it.  I swear
the applique took as much time as the whole quilt did.
I am not a fan of applique that is for sure.


This is about as close to modern quilting as I get for now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment