Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Drunkard's Path for Rachael or purplicious Good Fortune by Moda

I have been commissioned to make a couple of quilts this year!
One of the said quilts will require a ton of template work to make
 Drunkard's Paths.  My youngest daughter's best friend Rach - just purchased her own condo and Jessica said her Laura Ashley comforter needed to go. 
This offered me the perfect occasion to make a practice quilt using the new templates.
The quilt has lots of purple as that is the recipients fav color.  I am sorry
that I didn't get a picture once it was completed and the phone pics the girls sent
were not too clear, but her is the topper completed.
I added a very modern backing in geometric shapes with purples,
gold and pink so it is actually reversible now :)


I also added a couple of pillowcases to coordinate and Rach absolutely loved
her new quilt and was said to be rolling all over it like a cat!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you didn't tell me that the pictures didn't turn out :( it is lovely though!

    ReplyDelete