Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Guest Room Quilt # 2

Here is the quilt that I sandwiched on the ping pong table.  It is a scrappy quilt from one of the American Patchwork by Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  This is the second quilt I have made for the guest room, and I think that this one goes even better than the last one. With  each quilt that I make I try to do something a bit different so that I can continue to grow in my quilting.  This is a foundation pieced quilt, I used muslin for the foundation fabric and one thing I can say about this method it that all the blocks sewed together really nicely.  Golly gee, they were all the pretty much the same size.  I did use the Deb Turner square for squaring blocks for the first time also..

Pillow cases to coordinate are a must also.

Here is a table runner to match the quilt also!
This is a super easy and fast pattern that we were given at the guild.  I have made three runners so far..


1 comment: