Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The never ending battle of the scrap bins.

I really try to stay ahead of my scraps and make them into quilts, however, this summer I was lucky enough to get my long arm machine and discovered a horde of more scraps. To start off the new year I vowed to make scrappy quilts from all of my scraps - six week later and with only one tote of scraps left I called it quits for awhile.  I ended up with around 17 quilts none larger than an ample lap quilt.

Here are two that a co-worker commissioned for her twin nieces. They loved the quilt - it is a variation on the court house steps. I took orphan squares(blocks) and started each square with them. Then I added on to each side. No specific colours just oh so random. The recipients were delighted.


No comments:

Post a Comment