Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Monday, May 27, 2013

Jinny Beyer border quilt - I call "Shenandoah" (out of my comfort zone) colors seemed washed out when taking picture outside :(

 

My husband's cousin came for a visit in October and asked me if I would make her a quilt. "Of course", I said and she went and chose a quilt out of my magazines and books. She selected a quilt out of my comfort zone, but I am always up to a challenge. Gail ordered the border fabric needed and I spend a couple of months collecting the other fabrics needed. The original pattern made a quilt too small so I doubled everything. It is almost king size now! The pattern had the name of another mountain range, but Gail and DH are from Virginia so I wanted a more personal name. I did the FMQ on my Viking Sapphire 830.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment