Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Monday, May 27, 2013

A Quilt kit and my first BOM


Above is from the first quilt kit I bought - it is called "A Bow on Top" and from the Fat Quarter Quilt Shop in Texas, now I would never pay $99.00 for a kit but half price and with the pattern I can do.  The fabric was all Moda and features Little Red Riding Hood - so adorable.  It was for my friend Charisma in Canada to celebrate the arrival of their daughter Ava.  Super easy pattern and very cute to boot!


My girlfriend, Clara brought me over a big suitcase and bag of scraps in January and while sorting through it I came upon a whole bunch of papers. When I put all of those papers into order I found this Block of the Month called All Around the Farm. Looking at it now, I can see a mistake but that is okay, it was really fun to put together and I learned how to make a Snail's Tail and even did a bit of applique on the boy and the crow! I used muslin for the background and micro-stippled on all of the background.  I must take a picture of it finished and add it to this posting - next time I am taking pictures.  I have a friend in upper NY state who is retiring this year from her school support job  and they are dairy farmers also - this will be her gift!


1 comment:

  1. Really cute projects Janet! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting - I couldn't respond directly as you are a "No reply" blogger, but I found you here!

    ReplyDelete