Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A new bag for holidays!

As my daughters can attest - I love pansies!  I have been looking for a pansy bag for a very long time.  They are always so expensive, too ugly, too big etc.  I had bought a piece of fabric on on ebay but the actual pansy were far too big for any quilting project I could foresee.
Two nights before we left for our holiday in Virginia, I decided that I would like a new bag. It would have to find my mini computer, regular purse stuff, and a book.  I had seen in my new quilting magazine a picture of a bag, the same magazine that I had made the thread catcher from - a bag.

I got busy right after work and had it finished except for the button by the time Criminal Minds came on. I found the button for it at Joanns.  If I were to make it again, I would either quilt the material before I start or use something like Pellan in it to stiffen it a bit.  Having said all that - I love the colour, size, and the fact that I made it myself.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! I like the matching button, that was a good find :)

    ReplyDelete