Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Thursday, July 5, 2012

AAQLA 2012 Mystery Quilt/Olivia's Quilt


My guild had a Mystery Quilt for the months of January - June this year. I used material totally from my stash for this quilt. It was not difficult and I will likely give it to my special needs student
next year for Christmas as I used fabric that she would like.


The black is the background and the white is the path,  the path leads to all the novelty squares.
I do all my own quilting on a domestic Viking Sapphire 830.  I usually use backing from the clearance section of Connecting Thread and Connecting Thread's poly cone thread.  For this quilt I had some Sulky variegated in aqua and by using a 110 Singer needle and turning the tension up I was able to achieve a really excellent result.  For a change I hand did the back binding.



No comments:

Post a Comment