Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Scrappy Magic Square for Terry

Our son Terry, has a beautiful home in Virginia and one of those
really big leather sectionals
 that men love!
Now in these days of high heating bills, nearly everyone cuts back the thermostat to save a few dollars here and there, I made this "king" size throw for Terry to use. 

I call this a manly scrappy quilt - I divided my scraps into three piles one weekend
Men
Women
and
Children
This quilt was made from the men's pile!


YIKES!

 Somehow the back did this when I washed the quilt!  Maybe something to do with my HE washer or a flaw in the material.  Anyways Terry said, " God made it special for him"  I liked that comment.  However, from now on I am taking all my larger quilts to the laundry mat to use the jumbo washers to wash my quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment