Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thrift store find :)

There is a little thrift store one block away from the high school campus.  I have picked up a few things there very reasonable.  There has been a little (11x11) water color picture that has been professionally framed sitting there since May.  It was still there today when our class went out on a community awareness walk, I looked at it again and thought I really want this but I don't want to pay $18.00  yes I am thrifty, so I told the man behind the counter "this has been here since May, I would like it - can you reduce the price?"  He said  he would take $ 8.00 off, I grabbed it and 4 big paperback books for a total of  $13.10.


It looks so much like a quilt block I couldn't resist it,  I call it Ladybugs and Honey Bees :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a painting? It totally looks like fabric. Nifty.

    ReplyDelete