Janet's Creations

Janet's Creations
Gemma's "I Spy" hexagon quilt

Friday, December 28, 2012

Jeannette's Quilt
I have had a friend for a very long time and her name is Jeannette. Jeannette is famous in her own right as a cross-stitch designer, you can check her out at http://jeannettedouglas.ca/ . Her designs are amazing and I am fortunate enough to have some beautiful work done by her decorating our home. On a visit to Jeannette, I snuck into her studio and took a few pictures and also one of her and hubby's bedroom. It was done with the intent of making a quilt for her. Below is a picture of the quilt that I did for her. It is a variation on a McCall's Quilting Magazine pattern called "Something Blue" Jeannette's is done in cream tone on tone and an almost black background with vines twisting all over it in blue grey , green and muted gold. I wish I had bought more fabric originally as 3 yards wasn't quite enough to make a draping queen size bed quilt. I had bought the fabric years ago and was waiting for the right person and project. It is made with triangles on a roll and I did the FMQ on my Sapphire 830 Viking. Jeannette told me that she has had many compliments on the quilt and the quilting too.
I really like how the dark binding helps to frame and define the quilt.  Thanks to Carnell for holding the quilt up so I could take the picture.
Here we are Janet on the left and Jeannette on the right!

Above is the artwork in Jeannette's room that inspired the quilt


No comments:

Post a Comment